Saturday, February 2, 2013

These new paintings will be on display at the Riverbend Library in March 2013.

After a trip to Toronto where I met up with a few of my old friends from CBC and the film program at Ryerson, I painted these scenes at our house at the lake, En Plain air.  We talked late into the night about film, philosophy and art.  I was so encouraged by their enthusiasm about my new " life in art"  that I whipped off these paintings after a tumultuous summer storm.  It just goes to show you how important old friends are and how crucial mental stimulation is to one's artistic endeavours.



AFTER THE STORM
Oil on Maple Panel
8" x 10"








LOOKING WEST
Oil on Maple Panel
8" x 10"

2 comments:

Terry Elrod said...

Wow, Michelle, these are stunners! Yes, good friends and encouragement do mean a lot. I'll be sure to catch the library show upon our return to Canada March 12.

Anne said...

Beautiful! Keep it up.